英语趣味小故事晒冰
Once a simpleton’s wife told him to buy some ice.
从前有一个笨人的妻子让她的丈夫买几块冰。
Two hours later, he didn’t come back.
两个小时后,他还没回来。
She wanted to know why he didn’t come back and went out to have a look. She saw he was standing in the sun at the gate and watching the ice melting.
她想知道他为什么没回来,就出去看了看,发现她的丈夫在门口站着,在太阳下晒冰,看着冰融化。
“What’s the matter?” She asked him. “Why don’t you bring it in?”
她问他:“怎么啦?你为什么不把它拿进来?”
“I saw the ice was wet and I was afraid that you would scold me so I’m running it dry.” The simpleton answered.
“我看见冰是湿的,恐怕你会训斥我,因此,我正在把它晒干。”笨人回答道。
英语趣味小故事聪明的农民Uncle Sam doesn’t like farmer.
山姆大叔不喜欢农民。
He thinks they are very foolish and only know work on the farm.
他认为他们很愚蠢只会在农场干活。
One winter morning, the sun is shining. Uncle Sam sits on the step of his house.
一个冬天的早晨,阳光明媚,山姆大叔坐在门前的石阶上。
At that moment, a farmer with a map in his hand comes to him.
这时,一个农民手拿地图向他走来。Farmer:Excuse me, Uncle. Can you tell me know to get to the hospital, please?
农民:请问,大叔,去医院的路怎么走?
Uncle Sam: Lie down in the middle of the street and you’ll soon be at a hospital.
山姆大叔:你躺在街当中,很快就会在医院的。
Farmer Please set an example to me.
农民:请你做一个示范。
Uncle Sam: I think you come to our city at the first time.It’s much more beautiful than the field. Is that right?
山姆大叔:我想你是第一次进城吧,城市比你那块地漂亮多了,是吧?
Farmer: Yes, uncle. But it is built on the field.
农民:是的,大叔,但城市是建在地之上的。
Uncle Sam’s face turns red.
山姆大叔脸红了。