双语阅读:与老朋友们常保持联系

以下是小编整理的哲理类英语美文欣赏: 与老朋友们常保持联系,希望对你有所感触。

Staying in touch with old friends

与老朋友们保持联系

I recently met an old friend I hadn't seen in ages.

我最近见了一位许久没见面的老朋友。

He said that he had been busy and also didn't really know to contact me.

他说自己过去一直很忙,也真的不知道与我联系。

I told him the same.

我告诉我也是一样。

The truth is, we have a few mutual friends, if we had really wanted to contact each other, wecould have.

事实是,我们有一些共同的朋友,如果我们真的想联系对方,我们可以马上联系得到。

But with busy schedules, and family life--and all sorts of things going on --well, I guess we justlost touch.

但是繁忙的日程安排和家庭生活——及各种各样的事情——嗯,我想我们就失去联系了。

So, I got to thinking about the people I am in touch with now and those I'd like to contact.

所以,我开始思考我现在联系到的人及我想联系的人。

I have a lot of friends and acquaintances,

我有很多朋友和老相识,

I used to have many more. Somewhere along the line,

我以前有更多。但事与愿违,

we just lost contact with each other.

我们刚刚失去了联系。

I'd like to contact some of my friends from high school.

我想联系一些高中的朋友。

I'd like to say hello to some of the people I used to know in New York and California,

我想和一些自己曾经在纽约和加利福尼亚州认识的人打个招呼,

双语阅读:与老朋友们常保持联系

I know I could do it.

我知道我能做到。

It wouldn't require me to bend over backwards,

它不会让我使出浑身解数,

but I am not sure if I should.

但是我不确定自己是否应该这样做。

I mean, I have my hands full right now with family and work.

我的意思是,现在的工作和家庭已经让我分身乏术。

Plus, I have people that I am in contact with now,

另外,我现在也和一些人保持着联系,

and I fell kind of guilty that I am not able to spend more time with them.

有种罪恶感蒙上我的心头,我不可以在他们身上再花更多的时间。

Who needs more guilt? Not me!

谁需要更多的罪恶?不是我!

  

爱华网本文地址 » http://www.aihuau.com/a/245061/313226295.html

更多阅读

转载 高一学年期末议论文阅读与写作训练:《拿来主义》等

原文地址:高一学年期末议论文阅读与写作训练:《拿来主义》等作者:吴泓工作室《在马克思墓前的讲话》讲解与训练1.请用简明的语言,概括这篇文章的内容。作者精辟阐述了马克思在揭示社会发展规律和领导共产主义运动方面的巨大贡献,热情地

小小说名作、佳作阅读与欣赏32 中国小小说年度佳作

小小说名作、佳作阅读与欣赏(32)目录:(本资料由牛马坡编辑整理,信息来源于各文学网站。名作、佳作、名人、新人排列不分先后。陆续添加中。)(1) 梁小萍 《想念温柔》(2) 梁小萍 《三 代》(3) 梁小萍 《十年》(4) 梁小萍 《幸存者》(5) 梁小萍 《发生

声明:《双语阅读:与老朋友们常保持联系》为网友乄嘿你挡分享!如侵犯到您的合法权益请联系我们删除