You never said "I'm leaving"
你不曾说过:“我将离开。”
You never said "goodbye"
你不曾道一句:“再见。”
You were gone before I knew it,
你在我知晓前就已经离去,
And only God knew why
只有上帝知道原因。
There are no words to tell you
我没有什么话想对你说,
Just what I feel inside
仅有内心混乱交织的情感
The shock, the hurt, the anger
震惊、伤痛以及愤怒
Might gradually subside
或许会逐渐平息吧。
A million times I'll need you,
千百万次,我迫切需要你
A million times I'll cry
千百万次,我禁不住哭泣
If Love alone could have saved you,
如果只有爱能救下你,
You never would have died
你将永不会逝去。
In Life I loved you dearly
你生时我爱你至深
In death I love you still
你去后此情依旧
In my heart you hold a place,
在我心中永远有一方土地,
That no one could ever fill
任何人再不能填补。
It broke my heart to lose you,
失去你让我心痛万分
But you didn't go alone
但你并非孤身一人
For part of me went with you,
因为我的一部分随你一并离去,
The day God took you home.
在上帝把你带回家的那天。
Things will never be the same
事情不会一成不变的,
And although it hurts so bad
即使它让我伤心至此。
I will smile whenever I hear your name
听到你的名字,不论何时我都会微笑,
And be proud you were my Dad.
为你是我父亲而骄傲、而自豪。
父亲节英语诗歌:A Little Girl Needs DaddyA little girl needs Daddy
一个小女孩需要爸爸
For many, many things:
因为他可以做很多很多事情:
Like holding her high off the ground
比如将她抛高远离地面
Where the sunlight sings!
那里有阳光在歌唱!
Like being the deep music
比如哼唱低沉悦耳的曲调,
That tells her all is right
告诉她一切都是安好的。
When she awakens frantic with
在她挣扎着突然醒来,
The terrors of the night.
由于畏惧夜晚的的黑暗时。
Like being the great mountain
成为雄伟的山峰,
That rises in her heart
矗立在她心间
And shows her how she might get home
给她指引回家的方向
When all else falls apart.
在其它一切四散流离之时。
Like giving her the love
比如献给她满满的爱,
That is her sea and air,
成为她的大海和空气,
So diving deep or soaring high
由此无论深潜海底抑或高空翱翔
She'll always find him there.
她都能在那之中找到他。