随着全球化的不断加深以及世界科技的迅猛发展,作为世界普通话的英语,其重要性日趋上升。小编精心收集了大学英语对话练习材料,供大家欣赏学习!
大学英语对话练习材料篇1
M: what's your opinion about childless couples? Will you choose to have no kids?
你是怎么看待那些不要孩子的夫妻的?你打算要不要孩子。
N: to be honest, I wouldn't.
说实在的,我不打算要孩子。
M: why? Do you have to make a choice now?
为什么?你现在必须做出选择吗?
N: not really. But it has puzzled me for a long time.
不是,只是这事已经困扰我很久了。
M: what's the puzzle?
那你到底愁什么呢?
N: my husband and I prefer to have no kids, but my mother-in-law is very traditional and wants grandkids.
我和我丈夫打算不要孩子,但是我婆婆很传统,很想抱孙子。
M: oh, I see. I think the older generation tend to think in a different way.
啊,这样啊。我觉得老人们总是和我们想法不太一样。
N: yes. It seems she can never accept a childless marriage. We had a fight last night.
是啊,可是我婆婆就是不能理解,为什么结了婚却不要孩子。我们昨天还吵了一架。
M: oh, really? Maybe she is just eager to see her grandchildren.
是吗?也许她只是抱孙心切吧。
N: but it's absolutely our own business to have a child or not.
但是要不要孙子,完全是我们自己的事。
M: definitely.
是啊。
N: you know, I often overhear our neighbor, the young couple, fighting about how to raise their kid and I really don't want kids to spoil our hapoiness.
知道吗?我经常听见我们隔壁那对年轻的夫妻因为教育孩子而争吵。我真不想让孩子影响我们的婚姻幸福。
M: don't worry. I think in most cases, children are the glue that keeps a family together.
不要担心。大多数情况下,孩子还是家庭的粘合剂。
N: I guess you're right. But I still prefer to have no child.
好吧,但是我还是不想要孩子。
M: sure. You can fully enjoy your time together.
好的,那你们就可以好好享受二人世界了。
大学英语对话练习材料篇2
N: more and more Chinese are marrying foreigners.
越来越多的中国人嫁给了外国人。
S: that's true. But I have a low opinion of those women who go out with foreigners.
是啊,但是我挺鄙视那些和外国人在一起的女人的。
N: oh, why?
啊?为什么啊?
S: I think some Chinese wonem marry foreigners for money while others just want to live abroad. There is no true love between them.
我觉得有些人嫁给外国人是为了钱,有些人是为了去国外定居,反正他们之间没有真爱。
N: I wouldn't say that's totally true. I've met many happy intercultural couples.
也不全是吧。我见过很多幸福的跨过夫妻。
S: well, then why aren't there many East-West couples where the man is a Chinese and the woman is a Westerner?
那为什么没有多少夫妻,男方是中国人,女方是外国人呢?
N: I guess it's because the Chinese women are more attractive to Western men.
可能是因为中国女人对外国男人更有吸引力吧。
S: or because they are less attractive to to Chinese men.
或者这些女人对中国男人没那么有吸引力吧。
N: what do you mean?
怎么说?
S: you know, usually the woman is in her thirties and she is a left girl.
这些女人大约三十多岁,是剩女。
N: a left girl? What's that?
剩女?什么意思啊?
S: they're called that because they're left behind on the shelf. They're also known by their three H's---high diploma, high salary, and high degree.
这么说,因为他们是别人挑剩下的。她们有三高:高文凭,高工资,高学位。
N: and they're also known as the three S's—single, stuck, and born in the seventies.
还有人说她们有三难:单身,高不成低不就,出生在70年代后。
S: definitely! So most of these women go for Western men.
的确!所以这些人就把目标转向了外国人。
N: you have a point here, but I believe some mixed marriages are based on true love.
也许吧。但是有些跨国婚姻还是有真爱的。
S: that' for sure but very few.
那是,不过很少。
大学英语对话练习材料篇3
S: Hi, Mary. I haven't seen you in ages! I heard that you and Daniel are getting married on August 8th, the opening day of the 2008 Olympic Games. Is it true?
嗨,玛丽,好久不见!听说你和丹尼尔打算8月8日,也就是2008年奥运会的第一天结婚,是真的吗?
E: yes, it is. We've been dating for over 7 years. We have decided to get married on a special day and we think August 8th, 2008 is a red-letter day.
是的,我们已经谈了7年恋爱,决定选个特殊的日子结婚。2008年8月8日正是个好日子。
S: good for you! It sounds like you've done a lot of planning in a very short time.
太好了!看起来你们要在很短的时间内准备很多事情了。
E: yes, there is a lot of to be taken care of---wedding photos, wedding dress, catering, transport, hotel, etc…
是啊,要考虑很多事---拍结婚照,选婚纱,摆酒席,安排车辆等。
S: is everything ready now?
都准备好了吗?
E: almost. The only thing that isn't ready is the hotel. As a lot of people have chosen that day to get married, it is hard to find a hotel that isn't too expensive.
差不多了,就剩酒店了。因为那天有很多人结婚,很难找到价位适合的酒店。
S: have you tried The Peninsula Palace Beijing? My wedding reception was held there and they did an excellent job.
你试过王府半岛酒店吗?我的婚宴就在那儿办的,办的很好。
E: yes, we called, but it is booked up. The only choice is the Regent Beijing but we haven't made up our minds yet.
是的,打过电话了,但是已经订满了,就只剩下北京丽晶酒店了,我们还没决定呢。
S: it's an excellent hotel. A friend of mine had her wedding reception there and sasid it was perfect, though very expensive.
北京丽晶酒店很好啊。我有个朋友就在那儿办的婚宴,听说不错,只是价格稍微贵了点。
E: that's why we want to have a look at other hotels. We don’t want to spend too much on an extravagant wedding reception.
所以我们想再看看。我们不想在婚宴上太铺张。
S: I guess you're right. I can help you ask other hotels. I am sure there are probably some available.
说的也是,我可以帮你问问其它酒店,肯定有一些还没订满。
E: thank you.
谢谢你。
S: my pleasure.
别客气。