外贸英语口语九百句-英语口语交谈这样的误解是致命的
DIALOGUE:A Misunderstanding
(对话:一个误解)
FATHER: Hello, Sarah! Had a good day?
(嗨 SARAH 今天咋样?)
SARAH: Not bad, Mr. Goodwin's going to sign a long-term agreement.
(不赖,GOODWIN先生将要签订一个长期协议)
FATHER: How marvelious! You must be really pleased.
(太美妙了,你一定非常高兴)
SARAH: Yes. I am quite excited. It would make a big difference to the company.
(是的,我非常激动,这对我们公司来说非同凡响)
FATHER: Oh! I wouldn't go quite that far!
(哦,我有点不理解)
SARAH: Well, We've been doing very well,as you know, but a long term agreement like this means we can expand even faster.
(我们已经做的很好,你知道,但是像这样的长期协议对我们意味着我们可以更快的发展)
FATHER: I know you're a good secretary, but is won't make all that much difference. will it?
(我知道你是一个很好的秘书,但是你不至于做出那么大的不同吧。不是吗?)
SARAH: What's my ability as a secretary got to do with it?
(我作为秘书有什么本事和这个有关系?)
FATHER: You just said Mr. Goodwin had signed a long term agreement.
(你刚刚说GOODWIN先生已经签了长期协议)
SARAH: That's right.
(是的)
FATHER:Well. he must be pleased with your work.
(那他一定是对你的工作满意)
SARAH: What's that go to do with it?
(和那有什么关系)
FATHER: He wouldn't have offered you a long term agreement if he wan't pleased.
(如果他对你的工作不满意他不会给你签长期合同)
SARAH: He hasn't
(他没有)
FATHER: He hasn't what?
(他没有什么)
SARAH: Offered me a long term agreement.
(没有提供我长期合同)
FATHER: But you said he had.
(但是你说他签了)
SARAH:No, I didn't. I...
(我没说,我)
FATHER: You've told me twice that he has.
(你已经告诉我两次了他已经)
SARAH: No,I didn't silly, I meant he'll signed a long term agreement to supply fibre powder to China.
(没有,我晕了,我是说他签了长期向中国供应化纤粉末的协议)