看Lie to me学英语第二季 4集: Honey
[Scene: love match connectors, Cal, Joan, Cynthia are there. Singles mixers] singles mixers:【单身聚会 mixers: [美国俚语]交谊会;交谊舞(或节目、游戏)】
-Woman: Here you go. Have fun and good luck.
good luck: 好运
给你。玩得开心,祝你好运。
-Man: Thanks.
谢谢。
-Cal: I can't believe it.
真是不可思议。
-Joan: Hi. I'm Joan.
嗨,我叫Joan。
-Cal: Hi.
嗨。
-Joan: Cal... are you Irish or...
Irish: 爱尔兰人
Cal... 你是爱尔兰人还是...
-Cal: No, I'm English, actually.
不,我其实是英国人。
-Joan: Oh. That's so neat. So, what do you do?
neat: [俚语]呱呱叫的;了不起的,极好的【neat最常用的意思是“干净的,整洁的”】 哦。那挺好的。那么,你是做什么的?
-Cal: I'm a furrier.
furrier: 毛皮商,毛皮衣制作工
我是个毛皮商。
-Joan: Is that... like, fur coats?
fur: 毛皮 coat: 外套
那是... 比如皮外套什么的?
-Cal: Fur coats, wraps, stoles, hats, mainly fur coats, though. How about you? wrap: 披肩,围巾 stole: (女用)披肩 mainly: 主要地
像皮外套,软毛披肩,女式披肩,帽子之类的,但是以皮外套为主。你呢?
-Joan: Um, I have to meet my friend.
嗯,我得去见我朋友了。
-Cal: Well, maybe we can catch up later.
catch up: 赶上
好吧,也许我们可以晚点再谈。
-Waitress: Would you like one or two?
请问您是需要一杯还是两杯?
[Cal stared at a woman]
stare: 盯着
-Cal: Hey. Lose a bet?
lose: 输掉 bet: 打赌
嗨。赌输了?
-Woman: Basically. My friend over there dragged me along.
basically: 基本上 drag along: 拖着(某人)一起去
基本上是,我那边的朋友拉我过来的
-Cal: If we were in a hotel room and you could order one thing from room service, order: 订单,命令 room service: (旅馆等)送饮食到房间的服务;服务到房间 假如我们在一间酒店里让你点一项客房服务。
would it be chocolate cake, strawberries, or warm honey?
strawberry: 草莓 honey: 蜂蜜
你会要巧克力蛋糕,草莓还是热蜂蜜呢?
-Woman: I beg your pardon?
你能再说一遍吗?
-Cal: Oh. I got to take this. Yeah. What's going on?
噢,我得接个电话怎么样了?
[Forster calling from the office]
-Forster: Hey. Uh, what's your ETA?
ETA: 估计到达时间【Estimated Time of Arrival】
嗨,你估计什么时候到?
-Cal: Oh, I don't know. You can't hurry love, Foster. Can I get a lager? you can't hurry love: 【你不能渴望爱情,爱不能操之过急】
噢,我也不知道。你别那么着急,Foster。可以来杯啤酒吗?
-Forster: I hope that's your first drink.
我希望这只是你第一杯。
All right. D.C. Police are looking for a guy named Erik Matheson.
D.C:【华盛顿(特区)(美国首都) [全称District of Columbia, Washington DC 华盛顿哥伦比亚特区] 】
好吧,华盛顿那边的警方正在找一个叫Erik Matheson的人。
He's been on the run for two days since his wife was found beaten to death. on the run: 逃跑 beat sb. to death: 把某人打死
自从他妻子被人发现打死了之后他已经逃跑两天了。
So, they want us interviewing friends and family to help determine if anybody's helping him evade arrest.
interview: 面谈,访问 determine: 决定,决心要 evade: 逃避,躲避 arrest: 逮捕,监禁 所以他们要我们询问一下他的朋友和家人看有没有人帮他逃避逮捕。
And I've already gotten Loker and Torres in the field.
in the field: 在实际应用中,在实地试验中
我已经让Loker和Torres开始了。
-Cynthia: Chardonnay, please.
夏敦埃酒,谢谢
-Cal: I don't care...if he personally inspected it before he shipped it. The painting's scratched, all right?
inspect: 检查,调查 ship: 以船运送 scratch: 刮伤
我才不管...他托运之前有没有检查好。总之那幅画就是被刮坏了懂吗?
-Forster: What are you talking about?
你在说什么呢?
Tell him... you tell France. He's paying for the restoration. Otherwise, the whole thing comes back his way.
pay for: 为?而付钱;负担?的费用 restoration: 恢复 come back: 回复 告诉他... 你跟France说,他要付修复费。不然,就原封还给他。
-Cynthia: Collector?
收藏家?
-Cal: Dealer.
商人
-Cynthia: I'm a curator.
curator: 管理者(馆长)
我是个馆长
-Cal: Really?
真的?
-Cynthia: Really. I don't know.
真的。我不清楚。
I guess the upside to having been through a marriage before, is that I not only know what I'm looking for. But I know what I don't want.
upside: 正面;有利的一面,优点 marriage: 婚姻 through: 经历 look for: 寻找 我想之前经历过一段婚姻的好处是,不但让我明白我要的是什么也清楚了我不要什么。 -Cal: Mmm.
恩。
-Cynthia: I just want to be happy.
我只是想开心。
-Cal: Yeah, I know what you mean. Like for me, right... this one thing is very, very, very important to me. It may seem old-fashioned to you, but that's fidelity. old-fashion:旧的,不时髦的 fidelity: 诚实,忠诚
是,我知道你的意思。对于我来说...有样东西对我来说非常非常重要。可能你会觉得很老套吧,就是忠诚。
-Cynthia: Yeah.
是。
-Cal: For some reason, I feel the need to upfront about that. Heh.
upfront: 在前面,在最前面
由于某些原因,我觉得这个最重要。呵呵。
-Cynthia: That's not old-fashioned. It's important to me, too.
那不老套,它对我也很重要。
-Cal: Uhhuh.
嗯。
-Cynthia: You know, the entire time I was married, I never cheated. I was tempted and certainly accused of it, but I never strayed... Never.
tempt: 诱惑 be accused of: 被控诉,控告 stray: 背叛
你知道吗,在我的那段婚姻里,我从未出轨过。我被诱惑过。当然也被告过,但从没有过外遇... 从来没有。
-Cal: Hmm.
嗯。
-Cynthia: Um, so, what are your hobbies?What do you like to do on the weekends? hobby: 爱好
嗯,你有些什么爱好呢?在周末你都喜欢干什么呢?
-Cal: I run a company that shrink-wraps poodles for international travel.
run: 经营 shrink-wraps: 用收缩性薄膜包装 poodle: 贵宾狗 international: 国际性的
我经营着一家公司,专门包装贵宾犬,便于国际运输。
-Cynthia: Um, um,
噢,哈哈。
-Cal: I have to, Uh, go feed my meter.
meter: 仪表【meter字典中解释为仪表,feed meter可以理解为为某些计价器充钱】 我得走了,要给米表充钱了。
-Cynthia: Ok.
好的。
-Cal: Um, I'll be right back. Could you hold that thought?
hold that thought: 【等会再聊】
嗯,我马上就回来,咱们待会再继续这个话题好吗?
-Cynthia: Yeah. I'll, uh, save your seat.
save: 保留
好的,我会帮你留着座位的。
-Cal: Thanks.
谢谢。
[Meeting the woman before in coincidence]
coincidence: 巧合
-Woman: Hey.
嗨。
-Cal: Hey.
嗨。
-Woman: So, uh, in answer to your question from earlier,
回答下你之前的问题。
-Cal: It's warm honey, right?
warm: 暖和的 honey: 蜂蜜
你会选热蜂蜜,是吧?
-Woman: Heh heh heh. You should call me sometime.
呵呵。有时间给我电话。
-Cal: Ok.
好的。
[After checking the information of Eric in her car, Ria walking to the house of Eric’s sister]
check: 检查 information: 信息
-Police: The place is clear. You want us to stick around?
stick around: 在附近徘徊(停留)
已经清场了,需要我们在附近吗?
-Ria: No, I'm good, thanks.
不用了,我没事,谢谢。
Go ahead and check out the next name on the list. I'll be right behind you. go ahead: 继续 check out: 检查 list: 名单 be right behind: 很快回来 继续检查单子上的下一个名字吧。我一会就去找你们。
[In the house]
-Ria: Gwen, hi. I'm Ria Torres. I'm with the Lightman group.
Gwen,嗨,我是Ria Torres。我是Lightman公司的工作人员。
-Gwen: Yeah, the cop told me.
cop: 警察
警察告诉我了
-Ria: Any idea where your brother might be?
你知道你弟弟可能会在哪吗?
-Gwen: Running, apparently.
run:【这里指逃跑 on the run: 在逃跑中 in the run: 从短期看来】
逃跑中,很明显
-Ria: Well, it'll be a lot easier for Eric if he turns himself in.
turn oneself in: 自首
如果他自首的话就会轻松多了
-Gwen: Yeah, I... I get that. His wife Connie was my best friend. I just can't believe she's dead.
是啊我... 我知道。他的妻子Connie是我最好的朋友,我真不敢相信她竟然死了。 But, uh... I don't know. Ok? Are we done here?
但是,嗯?我什么都不知道,可以了吗?问完了吗?
-Ria: Ma'am, why do I get the impression that there's something you're not telling me?
get the impression: 有印象【此处可引申为有某种感觉】
小姐,为什么我觉得你有什么事没有告诉我呢?
-Gwen: Well, there's a lot I'm not telling you.
我没告诉你的多着呢。
Like how I can't sleep, how I don't know how I'm gonna tell my kids that, their uncle
might have murdered his wife.
kid: 孩子 murder: 谋杀
比如说我无法入眠,比如不知道该怎么告诉我的孩子他们的叔叔可能杀了他的妻子。 I mean, do you want me to go on? I don't know where Eric is.
go on: 继续
你还想我继续说下去吗?我不知道Eric在哪儿
-Ria: Do you know something that could help us with this case?
case: 案件
那你知道什么对这个案子有帮助的事呢?
-Gwen: No. And I want you to leave. Now.
没有。我想请你离开。现在。
[Walking out of the house and getting into the car, Ria suddenly find a man seat behind her]
-Ria: God.
天哪。
-Man: You a cop?
你是个警察?
-Ria: No.
不是。
-Man: But they were here, right? They were here, weren't they?
但是他们在附近,是吧?他们就在这附近,不是吗?
-Ria: Yeah, yeah, they were here.
是,是的,他们就在这附近。
-Man: God.
天哪。
-Ria: Look, you don't need to hurt me. I can help you. I can help you. 听着,你没必要伤害我。我能帮到你。我能帮到你
-Man: Drive. Drive! Don't look at me. Drive.
开车。开车!别看着我快开车!
[Lightman Group]
-Forster: Hey, how did it go?
嗨,事情怎么样了?
-Cal: Put me out of my misery. Hi. Right. Sir, your ex never cheated on you. There it is.
misery: 痛苦,悲惨 ex: (某人的)已离婚的配偶,已离婚的丈夫(或妻子)
快把我从水深火热中救出来吧。嗨,对了。先生,你的前妻从没有背叛过你。真的。 -Man: You're positive?
positive: 正面的,积极的
你确定?
-Cal: Yup. I spoke to her for half an hour, at one of those, uh, singles what?
single: 单个人
是的。我和她聊了半小时,在那个... 嗯,单身什么来着?
-Forster: Uh, singles mixers.
单身聚会
-Cal: Singles mixers, and not a hint of shame or guilt, when the subject came up. Her virtue is intact. So...
a hint of: 微量,点滴 shame: 羞愧,遗憾的事 guilt: 内疚 come up: 开始;发生 virtue: 美德,优点 intact: 尚未被人碰过的,原封不动的,完整无缺的
单身聚会。当我们聊到这个话题的时候她没有一点悔恨或自责的暗示,她的人品是没问题的,所以...
-Man: Let me remind you, there's millions in alimony at stake.
remind: 提醒 million: 百万 alimony:(离婚后丈夫给妻子的)赡养费 at stake: 在危急关头,在危险中,成问题
提醒下你,这个案子可是关系一大笔赡养费的。
-Cal: I'm well aware of the terms of your prenup. I'm telling you, conclusively, your wife never violated the fidelity clause, or however you put it.
aware: 知道的 term: [复数](合同、付款、价格等的)条件;条款 prenup: 婚前协议 conclusively: 最后地 violate: 违反 fidelity: 忠实,诚实,忠诚 clause: 条款,款项 我很清楚你们婚前协议。我告诉你是真的,最后一次,你妻子一直很忠诚,不管你是怎样指定婚前协议的。
-Man: Maybe if I increase your fee, you can run another one of your tests. increase: 增加 fee: 费用run: 趋向,运行 test: 测试
也许我给你加点费用,你就会得出另外个结论。
-Cal: All right. Let me just stop you right there. The truth's the truth. 好吧,我们就说到这吧。事实就是事实。
-Man: Send me the bill.
send: 寄 bill: 账单
记得把账单寄给我。
-Cal: I will. I definitely will.
definitely: 肯定地
我会的。我当然会。
-Cal: That was fun. What's next? Uh, peeking through keyholes or what?
peek: 偷窥 keyhole: 钥匙孔
真有趣,下一步会怎么做呢? 哈,从钥匙孔里窥视还是什么?
-Forster: You leveraged this company to buy your ex-wife out of this, ok?
leverage: 杠杆作用【此处引申为平衡,一半】 buy out: 买下?全部股票(或产权、商品等);出钱使(某人)放弃职位(或财产) ex-wife: 前妻
是你把公司一半的股票给了你前妻,好吗?
-Cal: Yeah, only because she was gonna move my daughter to Chicago.
是啊,就因为她要把我女儿带去芝加哥
-Forster: Yeah, yeah. But now, we are cash poor, and taking cases like this helps us stay afloat.
cash: 现金 poor: 缺少的,(尤指)不充足的;贫乏的 afloat: (经济上)应付自如的(地),免于经济困难的(地);无债务的(地);有偿付能力的(地)
是,是,但是我们现在资金不够,处理这些案子能帮我们维持经营
-Cal: I don't care. I don't care. What? I'll go back to working out of my kitchen before I take another case that that. I don't care. I don't care.
kitchen: 厨房
我不在乎,我不在乎。什么?在我接别的案子之前我就只待在厨房里,行了吧。我不管,我不管。
-Forster: All right. The bills, the books, the payroll, fine. It's all yours. Hell, everything... everything, it's all yours. You can take it.
payroll: 工资单
很好。这些账单、书、工资单、罚单、全你搞定。所有的,所有的,都是你的,你搞定。 -Cal: Will you calm down?
calm down: 冷静
你能冷静下吗?
-Forster: Will I calm down?
我能冷静下吗?
-Cal: What's the matter with you?
你是怎么了?
[Eric came in with Ria as a hostage]
-Eric: I didn't kill my wife. And you people are gonna prove it.
prove: 证明
我没有杀我妻子.你们这些人要帮我作证。
Hey! Whoa, whoa, whoa! You think I'm playing around?!
play around: 胡为(胡闹,轻率对待)
嘿! 哇哇哇!你们觉得我只是在玩玩吗?!
-Cal: Absolutely not.
absolutely: 完全
当然不是。
-Eric: Cops start showing up, I start killing people. Do you understand me? show up: 露出, 露面
要是有警察出现,我就杀了这些人。明白吗?
-Cal: We understand you completely.
我们绝对明白
-Eric: You stick with me.
stick with: 和?在一起,保持联系
你跟着我
-Cal: No, No, no. She... she just... she just was the tea around here. Let her go. I'm the guy.
别,别,别。她... 她只是... 她只是是个端茶送水的。
Uh, see the sign? The Lightman group. See that? The Lightman group? Cal Lightman... that's me. I'm the guy. I'm the one you want. Just let her go, all right? I can help you.
放她走,我可以做你的人质。看到标志了吗? Lightman公司。看到那了吗? Lightman公司?Cal
Lightman... 就是我,我就是你该找的人。我就是你要找的人,放她走,行吗? 我可以帮你。 -Eric: Hell, no. I need to see the front door.
绝对不行。我要看到前门。
-Cal: I have surveillance cameras up here, up here, all down the corridors. My office is on higher ground. You can watch them from my computer. Come on.
surveillance camera: 监视摄像机 surveillance: 监视,监督 corridor: 走廊
这安有监视器,这,这,走廊里都有。我办公室在楼上,你能从我的计算机上看到所有的地方。快来吧
-Eric: All right. Everybody in here! Everybody in this room!
好。大家都进去! 都到这个房间里去!
-Cal: Come on! Let's go, let's go.
快! 快走快走
-Eric: Move! I'm gonna do a head count in half an hour. Anybody leaves or call the cops, pick your head!
do a head count: 【清点人数】 pick one’s head: 【捡起某人的头,即取某人的性命】 快点! 半个小时后我要清人数,要是有人逃跑或者报警,我就要你们的命!
-Cal: OK. OK. No police. No police. I'm serious! No police.
serious: 严肃的
好,好,别报警,别报警,我说真的!不准报警。
-Eric: It's on you now, buddy.
buddy: 伙伴,好朋友
看你自己了,兄弟。
-Cal: All right.
好。
-Eric: Understand. Yeah?
明白了?
[Eric dragged Cal away]
drag: 拖,拉
-Forster: Ok. Uh, we're gonna stay calm... You know, get Cal out of this. get out of: 拨出(由...出来,戒除,避免)
嗯... 我们得冷静。我们得把Cal救出来。
I want you to go call Loker and Reynolds and get them down here.
get down: 从?下来【引申为来到这里】
你去叫Loker和Reynolds 让他们来这。
But don't tell them what's going on, ok? Ok, go. Just be careful.
别告诉他们发生了什么,好吗?好吧。去,小心点。
[In Cal’s office]
-Man: Do your thing.
做你的事。
-Cal: Ok, so front and back entrance in the lobby.
entrance: 入口 lobby: 大厅,门廊,门厅,休息室
好吧,大厅前后入口。
-Eric: Uh?uh. I said no phone calls.
哦,我说不许打电话
-Cal: You said no calls to the police. She's not stupid. You need to start being clear here.
stupid: 愚蠢 start doing: 开始(继续)做(刚做过的事) clear: 清楚的,明确的 你说不报警,她没那么笨。你得了解这。
-Eric: If I see any cops...
如果我看见警察...
-Cal: You are familiar with what we do, right?
be familiar with: 熟悉(通晓,精通)
你很清楚我们在做什么,对吗?
-Eric: Yeah. She filled me in on the way over.
fill sb. in on : 将有关...详情告诉某人
是啊。她把我逼上绝路。
-Cal: You know that we're not law enforcement.
law enforcement: 执法者 law: 法律 enforcement: 执法
你知道我们不是执法官员。
-Eric: Yeah, yeah. You're, some scientist who knows how to tell, who's telling the truth, right?
tell the truth: 讲真话
是啊,是的。你是什么科学家,能看出看出谁在说真话,对吗?
-Cal: Yeah, that's right.
对,非常正确。
So, I got a question for you. If you know who killed your wife and it wasn't you, why aren't you at the nearest police station banging on the door, demanding they take action?
bang: 发巨响,重击 bang on the door: 敲门 demand: 要求 take action: 采取行动 那么,我要问你个问题。如果你知道是其它人杀了你妻子,为什么你不在最近的警察局报警,要求他们采取行动?
-Eric: That's something a guy like you would do.
你这样的人才会这么做
I've had my running with the cops, and they've never believed me yet.
run: 运行,运转
我找过警察,他们从不相信我
And when I walked in that door and I saw my Connie dead on the floor... on the floor: 在地上
我走进那门,看见我的Connie死在地板上?
Ok. You got a knack for telling who's lying?
get a knack: 掌握诀窍 knack: 熟练技术,巧妙的手法,诀窍
好吧,你能看出谁在撒谎,对吗?
I got a knack for knowing when I'm screwed.
screw: [美国口语]使心烦意乱;弄糟;毁坏,弄坏
当我搞砸了,我也会知道。
And in that moment, I knew this would land on me.
land on: 着陆【在这里是 “事情在某人身上体现”的意思】
那时,我就知道会这样。
-Cal: Fair enough.
fair enough: [口语](表示同意)说得对;有道理
很公平。
But no more shooting, no more threatening those people out there, or you won't get my help, and we'll both lose. All right?
shoot: 开枪 threat: 恐吓
那么别再开枪,别再恐吓这里的人。或者你不需要我帮助,我们两败俱伤,可以了吗? -Eric: You more than me.
你比我需要。
I already lost everything I cared about.
care about: 关心,在意
我已经失去了想要的一切
-Cal: But you heard what I said, right, Eric?
你听到我说的了,是吗,Eric?
-Eric: Do you believe me when I say I didn't kill my wife?
你相信我没杀我妻子吗?
-Cal: Yes.
是的
-Eric: And you believe I'll kill you if you try to run a game on me?
run a game: 做游戏【耍花样】
如果你跟我耍花样,你相信我会杀了你吗?
-Cal: Yes, I do.
是,我相信。
-Eric: Ok. Am I being clear enough now?
clear: 清楚的
好吧,我说得够清楚了吧?
-Cal: Yeah.
是的。
So, Eric, tell me. Who killed your wife?
那么,Eric告诉我,谁杀了你妻子?
[Ben and Loker came here]
-Ben: Are you out of your mind?
out of mind: 远离思绪理智
你脑子有病?
-Forster: Just for a little while, until we figure out what's going on. figure out: 明白
有点,除非我们知道事情进展如何了.
-Ben: This is a hostage situation!
hostage: 人质 situation: 情况
这是劫持人质!
-Forster: Well, Lightman's giving us eyes in the room.
give us eyes:【给我们眼睛,即授权给我们监视这个房间】
好吧,Lightman让我们监视房间。
How the hell did that guy get in here with a gun?
the hell: 究竟,到底 get in: 进入
这家伙怎么带枪进来的?
-Forster: He has got the situation under control.
under control: 在控制下
局势在他控制下
-Ben: Do you know what misprision means? It's failure to report a felony crime. misprision: [律](公职人员的)玩忽职守, 渎职, 包庇罪行, 蔑视政府(或法庭) failure: 失败 report: 报告 felony: 重罪
你知道什么叫玩忽职守吗?是包庇重罪。
Now, I'm not gonna risk the lives of everybody out there and get fired in the process,because Lightman thinks that he's got a handle on this!
gonna: going to risk: 冒...危险 fire:开枪 in the process: 在?过程中 get a handle on: [口语]控制,掌握,驾驭,左右
现在,我不能保证大家出去后的生命安全,按常规应该开枪。因为Lightman觉得他能处理!
[Cal was calling]
-Forster: Yes?
说吧?
-Cal: Foster, could you come in here for a minute, please?
Foster,拜托你能来一下吗?
-Forster: Sure.
当然。
[After hanging the phone, Forster turns to Ben]
hang: 挂掉
-Forster: We've gotta figure out who killed this guy's wife.
我们要查出谁杀了这人的妻子。
-Ben: Matheson did. Innocent people do not run!
innocent: 无辜的
Matheson杀的,无罪的人才不会逃跑!
-Forster: If we don't do exactly what this guy says, he will kill Cal. exactly: 准确的
如果我们不照这人说的做,他会杀了Cal。
Can you please just help us out, Ben?
help out: 帮助(度过难关)
拜托你帮帮我们吧,Ben?
-Ben: All right. I'll hold off calling it in for a little while... but only under one condition.
hold off: 拖延 call in: 召集,召来 condition: 情况,条件
好吧。我拖延一会...不过只有一个条件。
[Eric opened the door, let Forster come in]
-Eric: Come on, come on, come on.
快点,快点,快点。
-Cal: How's everyone behaving?
behave: 举止,行为
大家都好吗?
-Forster: Perfectly.
很好。
-Cal: Good. All right.
好,很好。
Ok, that's the address of Tom Mchenry. He runs an advertising firm.
address: 地址 run: 经营,运行 advertising: 广告 firm: 商行,公司
好吧,那是Tom Mchenry的地址。他经营广告公司。
Eric's wife used to work for him as a bookkeeper. Now, Eric's claiming that... bookkeeper: 簿记员;记帐员 claim: 声称,说明,断言
Eric的妻子曾经当过他的会计.现在,Eric指明那...
-Eric: I know. I know.
我知道,我知道。
-Cal: Now, Eric knows... that Mchenry was making unwanted moves on his wife. unwanted: 不必要的 move: 行动
现在Eric知道那个Mchenry曾经骚扰过他妻子。
And he considers him to be the only suspect in her death.
consider: 考虑,思考,认为 suspect: 怀疑,猜想
他想他是唯一的嫌犯。
So, I'll need you to track him down and, uh, interview him... and tape it and bring it back to me.
track down: 跟踪追捕 interview: 访问 tape: 录音
那么,我需要你查出他。访问他...录下来再带给我。
-Forster: Well, what if he doesn't...
好吧,如果他不是。
-Cal: Just find a way. Ok?
想办法.好吧?
-Forster: Reynolds is here.
Reynolds在这
-Eric: Who's he?
他是谁?
-Cal: He's a... federal agent. He works with us.
federal: 联邦的 agent: 代理人,代理商,特工人员
他是个...联邦探员,和我们一起工作。
-Eric: Ohh. Same rules apply to him as everybody else.
rule: 规定 apply to: 适用于,运用于
哦,和其它人一样的规定。
-Forster: He's, uh, agreed to not call the police, but only if everyone in the conference room is allowed to leave.
conference: 会议 be allowed to: 被允许 leave: 离开
他是,哦,他答应不叫警察。除非会议室的人获准离开
-Eric: You bring him in here. I'll tell him what's allowed.
你带他来这,我会告诉他什么是准许的。
-Forster: It's nonnegotiable.
nonnegotiable: 不可谈判的(禁止转让的)
没有协商余地。
-Eric: You bring him in here!
你带他来这!
-Cal: Hey, hey, hey! Eric.
嘿,嘿,嘿,Eric。
What do you want to do? You want to play king of the castle, or do you want to find out who killed your wife?
play king of the castle: 【扮演城堡中的国王 castle: 城堡】
你想干嘛? 你想当山大王,或你想查出谁杀了你妻子?
[Ben was evacuating the employees]
evacuate: 疏散 employee: 雇员
-Ben: Come on. Let's go. Let's go. Everybody out. Let's go.
快,我们走。大家都出去,我们走。
Don't say anything.
什么都别说,
Don't call anybody. Don't do anything. Just go home and relax.
relax: 放松
别打电话,什么都别做,回家,放松。
We got the situation under control. Ok?
situation: 状况,局势
我们控制了局势,好吗?
Come on, Heidi. What are you doing?
快点,Heidi,你在干嘛?
Let's go. Come on. Follow everybody out.
我们走,快点,跟大家出去。
-Heidi: You really don't want me to call the cops?
你真不想我报警?
-Ben: No, I don't.
不,我不想。
-Heidi: But I think we should call...
但我觉得我们应该报...
-Ben: No. Listen. Don't do anything, all right? Not yet.
不,听着。什么都别做,好吗?还不用。
[In Forester’s office]
-Forster: I want everything on Matheson.
我想要任何与Matheson有关的。
Monitor all the hallway surveillance off my computer.
monitor: 监视,监听,监督 hallway: 走廊,玄关 surveillance: 监视,监督 我的计算机监视所有的过道。
Anything happens, call me and Reynolds.
发生了任何事给我和Reynolds电话。
-Ben: What? No, I'm not going anywhere. I can't leave.
什么? 不,我哪也不去,我不能走。
-Forster: It would help to have a badge to convince this guy to talk to me. badge: 徽章;标记【这里指能证明身份的警徽】 convince: 方便
你的警察身份能说服他跟我谈话。
-Lorker: Well... I'll fake it.
fake: 假造,仿造
那么,我来假扮吧。
-Forster: Ok. Leave your tie.
leave: 留下 tie: 领带
行。把你的领带给我。
-Ben: What?
什么?
Come on. Thanks.
快点。谢谢。
Um, badge, too?
嗯,还有警徽?
No. No badge.
不,警徽就算了吧。
-Ria: I screwed up.
screw up: 挤成一团弄糟,搞乱,弄乱,弄糟
是我搞砸的。
[Forster and Lorker went to survey Tom]
-Lorker: Tom Mchenry.
Tom Mchenry
-Tom: Yeah?
怎么了?
All right, you two, out. Come on. Get out.
好吧,你们两个出去,快点出去。
-Man: Let's go. Hey, whoa, whoa, whoa.
一起走,嘿,等等。
-Tom: Hey. You gonna tell me what this is all about?
嘿,你能告诉我为什么吗?
This is my colleague Gillian Foster.
colleague: 同事
我的同事Gillian Foster
-Forster: We're here about Eric Matheson.
我们来这为了Eric Matheson
-Tom: Did you find him yet?
你们找到他了?
-Forster: We did.
是的
-Tom: Good. I hope he gets the death penalty.
penalty: 处罚;惩罚;刑罚
好,我希望他判死刑。
-Forster: He's saying you killed Connie.
他说你杀了Connie
-Tom: Ohh. Wow. Heh.
哦,哇哦。
-Forster: Did you?
是吗?
-Tom: I'm not even gonna dignify that with a comment.
dignify:增威严,使高贵,故做显贵 comment: 注释,评论
这件事我都不屑于解释。
Well, you're gonna need to, Pal.
pal: 朋友,伙伴,同志
好吧,你先弄清楚,伙计。
-Tom: You know what? This is further evidence that Eric is a first grade psycho. first grade: 第一流的,高级的 psycho: 变态
你知道吗? 这进一步证明那个Eric是一级变态
-Forster: All right. Twice now, you've done what we call a false inference dodge, Mr. Mchenry.
inference: 推论 dodge: 避开,躲避
好吧,第二次,你刚做了我们说的错误搪塞理论,Mchenry先生。
You have yet to answer the question.
你得回答问题
-Tom: No.
没有。
This is why he's crazy. This is why I had to let Connie go.
这是为什么我说他疯了和我辞掉Connie的原因。
He was convinced I was trying to have an affair with her.
convince: 说服,使...相信 have an affair with: 通奸
他说我想和他妻子有染。
He was convinced that I was filling her mind with what a loser he was, as if she needed further proof.
fill: 塞满 loser: 失败者 as if: 好像 proof: 证据,证明
他认为我给他妻子洗脑,说他有多失败。彷佛她要进一步证明。
-Forster: Well, then you won't mind if we put you on tape.
好吧,如果你不介意我们录音。
-Tom: Heh. No, no. No. No.
哦,不,不,不。不要。
-Forster: Why not? I thought you were innocent.
为什么不? 我想你是清白的
-Tom: Ok, fine. Roll it.
roll: 滚,使...转动,摇摆
好吧好。录吧。
[In Cal’s office, Cal was moving the photo of his daughter]
-Eric: Who's that?
那是谁?
-Cal: That's my daughter. You mind if I call her?
我女儿,你介意我给她打电话吗?
-Eric: Yes, I do.
是的,我介意。
Take a seat.
坐下。
-Eric: You married?
你结婚了?
-Cal: Not anymore, no.
not anymore: 不再?
没再结婚,没有。
-Eric: So, which one you banging, uptown chick or the Salsa queen that drove me here? bang: 发巨响,重击【引申为和?交往】 uptown: 住宅区的 chick: 小鸡 Salsa:一种拉丁舞 那么,你在搞哪一个?是那个窈窕淑女,还是开车载我来这儿的拉丁美女?
-Cal: Neither, actually.
事实上都不是。
-Eric: Yeah, right. That's one thing I got over guys like you.
get over: 克服(困难等)
好吧。我这点比你强
My woman loved me. We had something real.
我的女人爱我,我们有真感情
Guys like you... empty.
empty: 空的【这里的意思是“[口语](感情、精力等)耗尽的;枯竭的;无精神的;无生气的”】 像你这样的...一无所有。
So, you try and fill yourself up with nice suits and stupid art and showoff books and by nailing your employees in the copy room.
suits: 套装,西装 showoff: 爱现 nail: 钉,钉牢【这里指“使固定;使不动“】 employee: 雇员
你用好的衣服打扮自己,愚蠢的技能,炫耀你的学问,把你的雇员控制在复印室
-Cal: You got a job, Eric?
你有工作吗,Eric?
-Eric: Not currently. What does that have to do with anything?
currently: 现在,一般,普通
近来没有,为什么非要工作?
-Cal: Well, I'm sensing a little inner turmoil over the fact that your wife was the sole provider.
sense: 感觉,了解 inner: 内部的,里面的,内心的 turmoil: 骚动,混乱 sole: 唯一的 provider: 供应者
好吧,我心里有点乱。事实上你妻子独自在养家。
-Eric: No. No, we were rock solid.
rock solid: 【坚如磐石,铁一般的事实,即我们之间完全没有异议 rock: 岩石 solid: 固体】
不,不是,我们没有争议。
We didn't care who made the money.
我们不在乎谁赚钱。
Ah, that's something you'd never understand.
哦,有些事情你从不了解。
-Cal: Ok. Ok.
好吧。好的。
-Eric: Don't... don't look at me like that.
别... 别这样看我。
-Cal: Like what?
怎么看?
-Eric: Like you're better than me.
看起来你比我强。
-Cal: I told you that I would know if you were telling the truth, but I also know if you're hiding something from me.
hide: 隐瞒,遮避
我告诉你,我知道如果你说真话。我也知道你想对我隐藏什么。
-Eric: I'm not hiding anything.
我没隐藏任何事。
-Cal: You're projecting a... little guilt.
project: 使(观念等)心中形成;使(思想、感情等)形象化;把(自己的感情、思想等)投射给他人 guilt: 内疚
你表现出... 一点点内疚。
Yeah, that's either from self-loathing or from something else.
self-loathing: 讨厌自己;憎恨自己
是的,不管是自卑还是其它的。
I'm just trying to figure out why that's making you do this.
我只想查出为什么你这样做。
-Eric: They got half an hour to get that tape here.
他们去了半小时拿带子。
-Cal: Yeah.
是的。
[In Forster’s office, Ria was staring at the monitor]
-Ben: Yes, sir.
是的,先生。
Uh, no, no, they haven't yet.
哦,不,不,他们还没。
Everyone from the Lightman group is out in the field right now. Interviewing Matheson's friends and family.
Lightman团队的人都在现场。采访Matheson和朋友和他家人。
Uhhuh. Yes, sir.
啊,是的,先生。
That's... that's really great, sir.
那样... 那真的很好,先生。
Ok. All right. Bye.
好,就这样,再见。
I'm screwed.
我搞砸了。
Oh, good. Foster and Loker are back.
太好了,Foster和Loker回来了。
Ria...come on. You gotta stop this. You did nothing wrong.
Ria... 来吧。别再自责了,你没做错什么。
-Ria: I should have locked the car. Why didn't I lock the car?
should have done: 【本应该做却没做,虚拟语气】
我早该锁上车门的,我怎么没给锁上呢?
-Ben: Look, you gotta quit beating yourself up about it, all right?
quit: 停止 beat up: 暴打
别再想那事了,好吗?
Stay focused. We need your help on this.
stay focused: 集中思想于目标上 focus: 集中
集中精神,我们需要你的帮助。
-Ria: All right. All right. All right.
好了,好了,没事了。
[Forster and Loker came back]
-Ben: Hey. We just ran Matheson's sheet.
sheet: 床单,张,片
我们刚翻了他老底。
Police responded three times to their apartment for domestic disturbance.
respond:回答,回报,反应 apartment:一套公寓房间 domestic:国内的,家庭的 disturbance: 扰乱,骚动
因家庭纠纷警察曾3次到他家去。
The wife never filed charges. I'm telling you, this guy's the killer.
file:申请 charge 指控
他妻子从没起诉过他,跟你说吧,他就是凶手。
-Ria: Well, he seemed believable when he said he was innocent.
believable: 可相信的 innocent: 无辜的
他说自己是无辜的,看起来他没在撒谎。
-Ben: Seemed? That's not good enough.
看起来? 这怎么能行。
-Forster: I'm taking this in to Lightman. Whoa.
take in: 接受(理解,包括,定阅,欺骗,收进,吸收,对...加以考虑
我要把这个拿给Lightman。喔。
-Ben: Wait, wait, wait. Whoa, whoa, whoa.
等等,等等。
Set it up in the lab.
set up: 建立
把这个安装在实验室里。
Tell Lightman that's where he's got to watch it.
告诉Lightman要看着点那里
-Forster: Why?
为什么?
-Ben: Because I can get a better visual on the guy.
visual: 视觉
因为我想要个更好的视野。
-Forster: Again, I don't want to rattle this guy any more than we have to. rattle: 使...慌乱, 激动
再说一次,我们不该让那家伙太紧张。
-Ben: Gillian, what's your priority, huh?
priority: 优先权,优先顺序,优先
Gillian,你觉得哪个更重要?
Running errands for this lunatic or making sure that Cal lives through the day? errand: 差使,差事 lunatic: 疯子 make sure: 确保
帮这个疯子的忙还是确保Lightman能活过今天?
[Forster was trying to move Eric and Forster to the lab]
-Eric: Where is it?
在哪儿?
-Forster: It's just across the hall.
hall: 大厅,礼堂
穿过大厅就到了。
[Eric saw Ben]
-Eric: Oh!
哇!
-Ben: Easy. Easy. All right. Take it easy.
take it easy: 别紧张
别紧张,没事的,放松。
-Cal: Now, that's Reynolds.
这是Reynolds。
That's the guy I told you about. He works here.
我跟你说过的,他在这工作。
-Eric: Uhhuh. Open it.
开门。
-Cal: Just calm down, all right?
冷静点好吗?
-Eric: Stay back.
退后。
[Eric and Cal went into the lab]
-Eric: Lock it.
锁门。
Lock the doors.
把门锁上。
Now, where are we watching this? Huh?
现在,我们在哪看视频? 啊?
-Cal: If you let go of my neck, I'll show you, all right?
neck: 脖子
放开我的脖子我就告诉你好吗?
-Eric: All right. And I... I want to see the front entrance and the back entrance and the lobby.
front: 前面,开头 entrance: 入口 lobby: 大厅,门廊,门厅,休息室
行,我... 我要能看到正面的入口后面的入口和休息室。
Pull that up.
pull up: 拉起(张力,停止,正偏,停车处)
快点。
-Cal: There you go.
弄好了。
-Eric: Good.
很好。
[Cal played the record for Eric]
-Forster: What's your name?
你叫什么名字?
-Eric: There he is.
就是他。
-Tom: Tom Mchenry.
Tom Mchenry
-Eric: Smug son of a bitch!
smug: 自以为是的 son of a bitch: 狗娘养的
那自大的狗杂种。
-Forster: How did you know Connie Matheson?
你怎么认识Connie Matheson的?
-Tom: She worked for me.
她为我工作。
-Forster: Did you, uh, ever socialize with her?
socialize: 交际
你有,呃,和她一起出去过吗?
-Tom: Yes. Couple of times after work for drinks... that's it. Strictly platonic. strictly: 严格地 platonic: 柏拉图主义的, 理想的
有啊。有几次下班后跟她一起喝过两杯。就这些,纯精神上的。
-Eric: Is he lying yet?
他在说谎么?
-Cal: Hey, could you shut up?
shut up: 闭嘴
嘿,闭嘴好吗?
[In Forster’s office]
-Forster: Lightman just activated the audio.
activate: 刺激,使...活动,创设 audio: 音频
Lightman刚刚播放了视频。
-Ben: My man.
好样的。
-Lorker: All he's got to do is bluff... just tell Matheson that this guy is lying, bluff: 直率的
他只要骗骗他... 告诉Matheson这人在撒谎。
And they he'll testify to it. That's all he's gotta do.
testify: 证明,作证
他只要圆个谎,这就够了。
[Turn to the monitor]
[In the lab]
-Forster: Tell me why someone would accuse you of killing Connie Matheson. accuse: 指控
说说为什么有人指控你杀了Connie Matheson。
-Tom: No sane person would.
sane: 神智健全的,理智的
疯子才会。
Only her husband Eric would do that.
只有他丈夫会那么做。
I didn't kill Connie.
我没杀Connie。
[The audio was stopped]
-Eric: He's lying, right?
他说谎,对吗?
[The rest person was looking at what’s happening]
-Cal: Well, I see no typical signs of deception.
typical: 典型的,有代表性的 sign: 迹象 deception: 骗局,诡计,欺骗,欺诈
我没看到有明显的迹象。
Can't be sure, but... I don't think he killed your wife.
我不敢肯定,但...我不认为他杀了你妻子。
-Eric: Ohh. He's putting one over on you!
put one over on: [口语]对(某人)耍诡计,让(某人)上当,欺骗(某人) [亦作 put over on] 哦,他把你耍了!
-Cal: Look, I'm good enough to know you didn't do it.
瞧,我都知道不是你干的了。
All right? Well, neither did he.
neither: 既不,也不
好吗? 也不是他。
-Eric: No way. No way!
不可能,不可能!
-Loker: Ohh. Why didn't he just bluff?
bluff: 欺骗,以假象骗(人),佯作有把握以骗(人),愚弄
哦,他怎么就不肯说个谎?
-Eric: Keep rolling the tape.
继续放带子。
-Ben: This guy is too close to Lightman. If I can get some distance between them, I can end this thing with one shot.
distance: 距离 shot: 射击
这人离Lightman太近了,如果他们离得远些我可以一枪了解这事。
[In the lab]
-Eric: Go on!
继续放!
-Forster: When's the last time you saw Connie?
你上次见到Connie是什么时候?
-Tom: Three weeks ago. She came into my office, asked for a loan to pay off a debt that was weighing on her.
loan: 贷款 pay off: 偿清(欠款等) debt: 债务 weigh on: 压于(压在...心头) 3个星期前,她到我的办公室问我借钱来还她的债,很沉重的债务。
That was the last straw.
straw: 稻草,麦杆【救命稻草】
那是她最后的希望了。
I told her she needed to find employment elsewhere.
employment: 工作,职业 elsewhere: 在别处,到别处
我跟她说她丢掉这份工作了
-Eric: He's lying.
他说谎!
-Cal: No, he's not.
他没有。
What debt?
还什么债?
-Eric: I don't know. I don't know!
我不知道。我居然不知道!
-Cal: Look. You break into my office... you terrorize my staff, you threaten to kill me.
break into: 闯入 terrorize: 实施恐怖统治 staff: 员工 threat: 威胁,恐吓 听着,你闯进我的办公室。吓坏了我的人,还要杀了我。
Well, congratulations. You got my attention.
attention: 注意力
好了,恭喜你,我注意到你了。
So, now, tell me what the hell's going on.
你到底想干什么。
[Eric dragged Cal into the seat]
-Eric: Sit down. Let me think.
坐下。我想想。
-Cal: Who did your wife borrow the money from?
你妻子问谁借过钱?
-Eric: No one.
没有啊。
-Cal: That's a lie.
你说谎了。
-Eric: No one! I did.
她没有。是我借的。
-Cal: Huh.
哈。
-Eric: Chump change... ten grand.
chump change: [俚语](能使一个艺人勉强度日的)微薄收入;少量的钱,小额款项 chump :呆子,笨蛋 change: 零钱 grand: (美俚)一千美元
一点点...一万美金。
-Cal: Who did you borrow it from?
哪借的?
-Eric: A buddy... who wouldn't do anything to Connie.
一个兄弟...他不会伤害Connie的。
-Cal: How much have you paid back?
pay back: 偿付
你还了多少?
-Eric: That's the guy!
是这个人啊!
And you're playing games with me?
play games with: 敷衍
你在玩我吗?
-Cal: How much have you paid back?
你还了多少?
-Eric: None.
一点没还他。
It's... it's a fresh loan. Th?there's plenty of time.
fresh: 新近的,最近地 plenty of: 很多的
才刚借的,到期还早。
-Cal: You know, I think I got you wrong.
你知道吗,我弄错了我以为。
I think your wife approached you.
approach: 靠近,接近
你妻子找过你。
She confronted you with the debt.
confront: 面对,对抗,遭遇
她跟你说了借钱的事。
And the argument got out of hand, and then you killed her.
got out of hand: 摆脱控制(变得难管制)
你们争吵失去控制,你杀了她。
[Eric lost control, pointed the gun at Cal, the rest people was watching]
-Eric: You say that again.
你再说一遍。
I dare you to say that again.
dare: 敢
你敢再说一遍看看。
-Cal: Answer the question, all right?
回答我,好么?
-Eric: no. I didn't kill my wife.
不是的。我没杀我老婆。
-Ben: I'm telling you, he's gonna blow.
blow: 爆炸
我跟你说过,他会发飙的。
-Cal: What's your buddy's name?
你那兄弟叫什么?
-Eric: I'm not gonna let you throw up the smoke screen, all right?
throw up: 产生 smoke screen: 烟幕,掩人耳目的东西
我不会让你糊弄我的。
You don't know what the hell you're doing, do you?
你知道自己在干什么吗?
-Cal: You got three options here. You can pull the trigger,
option: 选择 trigger: 触发器,板机
你有3个选择,你可以开枪。
you can walk out there and take your lumps with the cops,
lump: [用复数][美国口语]斥责;责打;打击;批评;报应;应得的惩罚 [常用于 get (或 take) one's lumps(挨打;挨骂;遭批评;自作自受 )]
你也可以走出去找警察谈谈。
or you can tell me your buddy's name! All right?!
你也可以告诉我那家伙的名字! 好吗?!
All right you gonna tell me your friend's name?
告诉我你朋友叫什么?
-Eric: Danny Pavelka.
Danny Pavelka.
-Cal: All right. Now... Danny Pavelka.
好吧...Danny Pavelka。
[In a kitchen, Ben and Forster went to find out Danny]
-Ben: Ok, thanks. There he is. Danny Pavelka.
谢了,是他,Danny Pavelka。
-Danny: Yeah.
我是。
-Ben: Yeah, we're here to talk to you about the money you loaned Eric Matheson. loan: 借
好,我们要谈谈你借钱给Matheson的事。
-Danny: What's that got to do with him killing Connie?
get to do with: 有关系
那跟他杀,Connie有关系吗?
-Forster: He didn't.
他没有杀她。
-Danny: Well, who did, then?
那是谁呢?
-Ben: See, this may come as a surprise to you, but that's why we're standing in front of you.
surprise: 惊喜 in front of: 在...前面
好吧,这可能会吓着你。我们怀疑是你。
-Danny: Well, you just wasted a trip.
waste: 浪费 trip: 旅行
那你们可白来了,我今早刚回城里。
I just got back in town this morning from Atlantic city, and I got the motel bills to prove it.
motel: 汽车旅馆 bill: 账单 prove: 证明
从亚特兰大回来的,我有酒店账单可以证明。
-Ben: So, how late was he on the loan?
他的借款过期多久?
-Danny: First of all, I didn't loan him, jack.
jack: [俚语]侦探;警察;宪兵
首先我没借钱给他,条子。
I facilitated a loan.
facilitate: 帮助,使...容易,促进
我只是帮了一把忙。
-Ben: Who carried the note?
谁有借条?
-Danny: That's my business. You want more?
你管不着,还想知道什么?
Get a court order.
court order: 法庭秩序;法院命令 court: 法院,庭院 order: 命令
那就弄张法院传单来
-Ben: Danny, we just ran your sheet on the way over here.
sheet: [美国俚语]犯罪记录
Danny,在来的路上我们查过你。
And it clearly states in your parole agreement that you have to check in with your P.O. once a week.
state: 说,陈述 parole: 宣释后释放,使假释出狱 agreement: (书面或口头的)协议,协定 check in: 办理登记手续,报到 P.O.: Postal Order 汇票
你有假释同意书,你必须去对你的汇票,一周一次。
Well, you missed one two weeks ago.
但你两星期前错过了一次。
-Danny: He said he was gonna let that one slide.
let (something) slide: 放任不管,任其自然 slide: 滑,跌落
他说那次不算的。
[Ben pulled Danny on the wall]
-Ben: Oh, really?
哦,是嘛?
Well, see, I'm a little bit more of a stickler.
stickler: 坚持细节之人
你知道吗,我这人有点固执。
So, you're gonna tell me everything I want to know.
我要什么你就说什么。
Right now!
快说!
[Ria came into the lab]
-Ria: Foster and Reynolds spoke with Pavelka.
Foster和Reynolds跟Pavelka谈过了。
Connie found out about the debt.
Connie知道了借钱的事。
She went to Pavelka, told him that Eric and she weren't gonna be able to pay the debt. 她去找Pavelka 说她和Eric还不了那笔债。
-Eric: I'm standing right here.
你在说什么呢。
-Ria: She begged Pavelka to forgive the debt.
beg: 乞求 forgive: 原谅,饶恕,宽恕
她央求Pavelka不要追究。
He told her it wasn't up to him, so she has to talk to the guy who gave Pavelka the money for you... Eric.
up to: 该由...决定
他说他没有这个权利,因此她要找那个给Pavelka钱让他好借你的人... Eric。 His name is Mike Zancanelli.
那人叫Mike Zancanelli。
Foster and Reynolds are on their way over to talk to him right now.
Foster和Reynolds正赶去找他。
-Cal: You know who this is?
你认识他吗?
-Eric: I've never heard of him.
我从来没有听说过他。
Uh... Did he say how Connie found out about the loan?
find out: 找出
啊,他说Connie是怎么发现那笔债务的么?
-Ria: I don't know.
我不知道。
He did tell Foster that he wasn't surprised she came, because she was always having to clean up your messes, apparently.
clean up: 收拾干净(扫除) mess :乱七八糟
但是他确实告诉Foster,他并不奇怪她会来。因为显然这不是第一次她帮你收拾烂摊子。 -Cal: That will do, Torres.
好了,Torres。
[Ria went out of the lab]
-Cal: Why the guilt, Eric?
为什么看上去显得有些内疚,Eric?
[Ben and Forster sat in a car, staring at Mike]
-Foster: That guy right there.
就是那个人。
-Ben: Well, it looks like him. The one in the black hat, right?
是,像他,带黑帽子的那个,是么?
-Foster: Yeah.
是。
-Ben: There's no way he's gonna say squat in front of his boys.
squat: 什么也没有;极少量
他不可能在他的同伙面前说一个字。
-Foster: Well, then we'll have to take him back to the Lightman group to talk to him. 恩,那我们要把他带回Lightman公司再问他。
-Ben: What? Heh.
什么?嘿。
How? Look, look.
怎么带?注意。
This isn't even about saving my job anymore.
这甚至不再是为了挽救我的工作了。
Most likely, that's gone. I've accepted that.
accept: 接受
看起来,我已经失去它了,我也接受这个事实。
But if go in there and drag this guy out in front of 15 people, this whole under the radar thing is done.
drag: 拖累,拖拉 under the radar: 在视线以外,不引人注目地,在雷达范围以外 radar: 雷达
但是如果我走进去,在一群人面前把他拖出来。这所谓的潜伏任务就完了。
Now, come on, Gillian. I mean, we gave it a shot.
give it a shot: 尝试去做某事
现在,算了,Gillian 我的意思是,我们尝试过了。
It's time to call this thing in.
call in: 召集
应该让警察介入了
-Foster: Ben, n-no.
Ben,不。
-Ben: What?
什么?
-Foster: There's one thing Matheson said today that I believe is absolutely true. Matheson今天说的一句话我很相信。
If he sees the cops... he will pull the trigger.
pull the trigger: 射击 trigger: 扳机
如果他看到警察,他会扣动扳机。
He will.
他会的
-Ben: Yeah, well, we're out of options, so...
option: 选择
是,恩,我们别无选择,所以?
-Foster: All right.
好吧。
-Ben: What are you doing?
你在干什么?
No. No. You're not going in there.
不,不,你不能进去!
-Foster: I'll be back in a couple of minutes. Be ready.
我几分钟就回来,准备好。
-Ben: Oh, God.
哦,神啊。
I'm going to jail.
jail: 监牢,监狱
我会进监狱的。
-Foster: What do you think?
你觉得怎么样?
-Ben: You... you don't want to know what I think.
你,你不会想知道我怎么想的。
[Forster went into a pub]
-Foster: Hi. Could I use your phone? Please?
嗨,我能用下电话么?
-Man: Sure. There you go, darling.
darling: 亲爱的
当然,给你,亲爱的。
-Foster: Thank you.
谢谢。
Damn it. Thank you.
damn it :(俚)该死
倒霉,谢谢。
[She went back toward Mike]
-Foster: Hi.
嗨。
-Man: Hey.
嘿。
-Foster: Do any of you guys know how to fix a flat?
fix: 修理 flat: [美国口语]漏气车胎
你们中有人会补胎吗?
[In the lab]
-Cal: Did you know your wife reached out to Pavelka about the money? reach out to: 接触, 联系
你知道你老婆为了钱的事找到Pavelka吗?
-Eric: No.
不知道
-Cal: You didn't think you were in trouble not having paid it off? pay off: 偿清(欠款等)
你不觉得不还那笔钱会有麻烦 ?
-Eric: No.
不。
-Cal: Your wife's death...
你老婆的死...
And the money that you owed are in no way connected, in your mind. owe: 欠 connected: 有联系的,有关系的 in one’s mind: 在某人心中
在你的想法中,与你欠钱的事,一点没有联系?
-Eric: That's right.
是的。
-Cal: Your wife was beaten to death. Your apartment was ransacked. beat: 打,打败 ransack: 彻底搜索,洗劫
你老婆被殴打致死,你家被洗劫一空。
Who do you know that's that angry and wants something of yours?
你觉得谁会这么恨你,希望你家破人亡?
-Eric: That describes a lot of people I know, man.
describe: 形容
我觉得有很多,哥们儿。
-Cal: That's your guilt, isn't it? For contaminating her?
contaminate: 弄脏,污染
这是你为什么内疚? 因为你把她牵连进来了? 是么?
You didn't want to drag her into your world.
drag into: 把?拉进,卷进
你不想把她牵连进你的世界。
You considered her a pure soul, and you tried like hell to keep it that way. pure: 纯洁的 soul: 灵魂 like hell: 拼命,不顾死活地 hell: 地狱
你认为她是纯洁的天使,你想不顾一切的让她保持纯洁。
And now she's dead.
现在她死了。
-Eric: There's no way you can tell all that just by looking at my face. 不可能只因为看到我的脸,你就知道这一切。
-Cal: Well, just the guilt part.
恩,只是内疚那一块。
-Eric: Where does the rest come from, then?
那其它的你怎么知道的?
-Cal: Well, that's how I feel sometimes about women I know.
恩,因为有时候因为一个女人,我和你有同样的想法。
-Loker: Did he mean that?
他是说真的么?
-Cal: You brought this on her somehow, Eric.
somehow: 不知怎么地,设法
你无意的将这些带给了她,Eric。
That's one thing you're gonna have to live with, but murder charge isn't. live with :【口语】承认, 忍受(不愉快的事) murder: 谋杀 charge: 指控 内疚是你需要承担的,而谋杀指控不是。
All right?
好么?
And what had you hoped to gain by coming in here?
gain: 获得
而且你来这里是为什么呢?
To be proven innocent? Well, I'll testify to it.
innocent: 无辜的 testify: 证明,作证
被证明无罪? 好,我已经证实了。
To find out who really killed her? I'm helping you. All right?
找出谁杀了她?我在帮你,知道么?
There's no further need for that gun.
further: 更远的,此外,进一步地
不需要用这把枪。
You just put it down, you just walk away. This never happened.
put down: 放下
你把它放下,走吧。今天的事情,我会当没发生过。
-Eric: Oh, I wish I knew if I could believe you.
哦,我希望自己可以相信你。
-Cal: You can. You're gonna have to trust me.
你可以,而你也必须相信我。
I will tell the police that you were innocent.
我会向警方说明你是无罪的。
Just put the gun down。
只是把枪放下。
Walk away.
走出去。
-Eric: Ok. Ok.
好。好。
[He saw two police came from the monitor]
-Eric: What the hell is this? What the hell is this?! I told you no cops! 这是什么?这是什么? !我告诉过你不要报警!
I can't believe I trusted your lying ass.
ass: 愚蠢的人
我不敢相信我竟然相信了你,你个骗子。
[In Forster’s office]
-Loker: What are we gonna do?
我们怎么办?
[In the lab, they were watching Ria open the door]
-Cal: She's good. She'll take care of it.
take care of: 照顾,照料
她很厉害,她能够处理好。
-Eric: I thought you said she just makes the tea.
我记得你说她只会倒倒茶。
[Ria opened the door, speaking with the cops]
-Ria: May I help you?
我可以帮你么?
-Police: Ma'am, we got a call from one of your employees saying there might be a disturbance here.
Ma'am: 夫人 employee: 雇员 disturbance: 扰乱,骚动
我们接到一个你们员工的电话,女士。说是这里被骚扰了。
-Ria: Um, nope. Not here.
nope: 不是
哦,没有。不是这吧。
-Police: He was very insistent.
insistent: 坚持的,迫切的
他很确定。
He said someone might be armed.
armed: 武装的,装备的
他说也许有人有枪。
-Ria: Well, I think I would know if someone had a weapon here at work. weapon: 武器,兵器
哦,我想如果有人带枪来上班我应该知道。
-Police: Tell you what. Why don't we take a look just to be safe, ok?
take a look: 看一看 safe: 安全的
这样,让我们进去查看一下,好么?
-Ria: Yeah. Yeah, sure.
好的,好的,当然。
-Police: Thank you.
谢谢。
-Ria: So, what was the person's name? Who called this in?
那个人是谁?是谁报的案?
-Police: Raymond Moncrief.
Raymond Moncrief。
-Ria: Ugh. I am so sorry, officer. We fired Ray today, for misuse of company funds. officer: 官员 fire: 解职 misuse: 误用,滥用 funds: 【复数】资金
啊,对不起,警官,我们今天解雇了Ray。因为他滥用公款。
He had to be escorted from the building.
escort: 护卫,护送
他是被警卫带出这栋楼的。
Uh, this is him looking for his payback. I guess it's just like him.
payback: 偿付,归还
哦,这是他的报复。我就知道他会这么做。
-Police: Is that right?
是么?
Excuse me.
不好意思。
[In the other side of the door, in the lab]
-Cal: Just let go of me. I'll take care of...
先放开我,我来处理。
I'll do this. I'll do this.
我会处理好,我会处理好的。
-Police: Can you open this, ma'am?
这个门能开么? 女士。
[Cal opened the door]
-Cal: What's the problem?
怎么了?
-Ria: Uh, Moncrief's hassling us again...
hassle:(不断地)打扰
哦,Moncrief又来骚扰我们。
Crank called the cops about someone with a weapon.
crank: [口语]怪人;脾气坏的人;狂热者
胡乱报警说我们这里有人拿着枪。
-Cal: You did tell him that's my problem, right?
你没有告诉他这是我的事,对么?
-Police: We were just taking a look around, sir.
先生,我们刚才只是例行检查。
-Cal: Were that's good. That's past tense.
past tense: 过去式 tense: 时态
"刚才" 不错,只是刚才。
Perfect, because I'm trying to run a business here.
run a business: 经营生意
非常好,因为我现在比较忙。
-Police: Sure.
当然。
-Cal: Thanks, man.
谢谢。兄弟。
-Police: Thank you.
谢谢。
Sorry for the interruption. Have a nice day.
interruption: 打岔,中断,中断之事
对不起打扰你,祝你愉快。
-Ria: No problem.
谢谢。
[The police turn to his partner]
-Police: False alarm.
alarm: 警报,惊慌,警告
假警报。
[In the lab, watching the cops went out]
-Eric: It's just a matter of time till they come back.
他们过不了多久就会回来。
-Cal: Then leave before they do.
所以在他们回来之前走。
My colleagues are out there. They're talking to this Zancanelli character. colleague: 同事 character: 人物
我的同事都在外面,他们在与这个叫Zancanelli的人谈话。
They'll get to the bottom of it.
get to the bottom: 弄清...的真相 bottom: 底部
他们会了解个水落石出。
Just put the gun down and walk away.
把枪放下走吧。
-Ben: Right in here.
就这里。
-Eric: Who's this? Who's this?
这是谁? 这是谁?
Is that Zancanelli?
是那个叫Zancanelli的?
-Cal: That can't be.
不会吧。
[In the interrogation room]
interrogation: 审讯
-Ben: So... Connie Matheson.
那么...Connie Matheson。
How do you know her?
你怎么认识她的?
-Connie: I loaned some money to a friend.
loan: 借,供应货款,借给
我借钱给一个朋友。
That friend gave it to Connie's husband, apparently.
显然那个朋友又借给了Connie的老公。
-Ben: So, tell me about that conversation, you know, between you and Connie. conversation: 会话,谈话
谈谈你们说了什么,你和Connie。
-Connie: It was about the loan. Connie was under the impression that I gave the money directly to her husband, while charging him an exorbitant interest rate.
under the impression: 在印象中 directly: 直接地 exorbitant: 过高的 interest rate: 利率
关于债务的。Connie误以为我把钱直接借给她老公,收取了过高的利率。
And I didn't. That would be usury, which is illegal.
usury: 高利贷 illegal: 不合法的,非法的
实际上我并没有。那是高利贷,违法的。
-Ben: And have you ever visited the apartment that Connie shared with her husband? share with: 与...共享
那么你曾经去过Connie和他老公的公寓么?
-Connie: No. Never been to Eric's wife's apartment.
没有。从来没去过Eric的老婆的公寓。
-Foster: He just changed nouns... from Connie to Eric's wife.
noun: 名词
他刚换了称呼,从Connie到Eric的老婆。
-Ria: Yeah. Plus, he answered no too quickly, and his voice was a different pitch, a little higher.
pitch: 程度,投掷,音高
是,另外,他明显停顿了一下,而且声调有些变化,有一点点高。
[They were walking to the office]
-Loker: Doesn't make sense killing Connie over 10 grand.
make sense: 讲得通,有意义,言之有理
不会因为区区1万美金就杀了Connie吧。
-Ben: Do we even need to know the real answer?
我们需要知道正确答案么?
I mean, why can't we just go in there to Matheson with something we cook up? go in: 进去 cook up: 编造(伪构,谋划)
我是说,为什么我们不跟Matheson编些谎话?
Remember, all we're trying to do is get him to put the gun down and walk out. 记住,我们所做的一切就是要让他放下枪,走出去。
-Foster: No, We still have time, Ben.
不,我们仍然有时间,Ben。
-Ben: To do what? There's no one else to talk to.
有时间干嘛?没有其它人我们需要去谈些什么。
-Ria: The sister... Matheson's sister.
妹妹... Matheson的妹妹。
She said she was Connie's best friend, and she definitely was hiding something earlier.
definitely: 明确地,确切地 hide: 藏,隐瞒,遮避
她说她是Connie最好的朋友。而且早些时候她肯定隐瞒了什么。
-Foster: Good. Go.
很好,快去。
[Ria went to Eric’s sister’s house again]
-Gwen: Connie came to me a couple of weeks ago, and she wanted to borrow a digital recorder.
a couple of: 两个,几个 digital recorder: 数位录音机 digital: 数字的 recorder: 录音机
Connie几个星期前来我这。而她想借一个数码录音机。
I figured she could just go buy one, so I assumed she wanted me to ask what she needed it for.
figure: 认为,领会到 assume: 假定,设想,
我觉得她只需要买一个就好了。所以我想她是想让我问为什么。
She told me she had a fling with this guy, onetime thing,
have one's fling: 恣意行乐,尽情放纵一下 fling: 投,猛冲,嘲笑 onetime: 一度的 她说她和一个男的有染,只是一夜情。
And he wanted more, so she was gonna tape their phone conversations.
但是他不甘心,所以她准备录下他们的电话谈话。
-Ria: To get him to back off.
back off: 卸下(逆转,略向后移动,补偿)
来阻止他。
-Gwen: Yeah, that's what I figured.
是的,我猜是的。
-Ria: This guy is married?
那家伙结婚了?
-Gwen: Yeah.
是的。
-Ria: She says anything to you after she borrowed the recorder?
她找你借录音机后说过什么吗?
-Gwen: She said it worked, um, but she was gonna keep the file just in case. file: 文件 in case: 免得,以防;以防万一
她说她录到了,嗯。不过她说不到万不得已不会拿出来。
Her only fear was that Eric might find it.
fear: 害怕,担心
她只是担心Eric会发现。
And when she was killed, I thought maybe he had.
我觉得她死的时候,Eric已经发现了。
[Ria came back, Forster interrogated Mike in the interrogation room]
-Foster: All right. Let me get this straight.
straight: 直的,正直的,坦率的
好吧,我们就直说吧。
Connie came to you about the loan... you know, how she couldn't pay.
Connie到你那儿去借钱...你知道她无力偿还。
You told her something could be... worked out... you know, a trade.
work out: 设计出, 作出 trade: 交易
你告诉她可以用别的办法...做个交易。
Right? So, she had sex with you.
对吗? 所以,你们发生了性关系。
But you wanted more.
但你要得寸进尺。
She recorded a phone conversation she had with you trying to get out of it, get out of: 逃避,改掉
所以她录了你们的谈话试图脱身。
and then you went over to Connie's apartment looking for that recording. Didn't you, Mike?
然后你就去了Connie的公寓。寻找那盘录音带,对吗,Mike?
-Mike: It's like I told the black dude. I've never been to her place before. dude: [用作称呼语]朋友,老兄
我跟那个黑人说过了,我没去过她家。
-Foster: You turned the place upside down, and you found that digital recorder. upside down: 颠倒着,倒转着 upside: 上部,上面 digital recorder: 数字记录器 digital: 数字的
你把她家翻了个底朝天,终于找到了录音机。
-Mike: Man. You're in fantasyland, lady. You know that?
fantasyland: 梦境, 太虚幻境
喂,你太会想象了,女士,知道吗?
-Foster: She was gonna show it to your wife, and you lost your temper. temper: 脾气
她要告诉你妻子。而你就失去耐心了。
-Mike: No apartment, no recording, no dice.
no dice: [俚语]不行;不成功 dice: 骰子
没去她家,没有录音。你这套没用。
-Ben: Is he lying?
他在说谎吗?
-Ria: Damn straight.
绝对。
[Forster came into the lab to tell the new things]
-Eric: Connie tried to seduce this guy? She'd never do that. seduce: 引诱、拐骗
Connie想引诱那家伙? 她不会那样做。
-Foster: No, no, you're right.
是的,没错。
You're right. And... and she didn't.
没错,她... 她没有。
But he sexually blackmailed her to, uh, to pay off your debts. sexually: 性别地, 两性之间地 blackmail: 勒索
但他却敲诈她,用性来为你还债。
Eric, we did everything that you... you asked.
Eric,你要求的我们都做了。
Let him go.
放了他吧。
-Cal: Foster...
Foster...
-Foster: Please.
求你了
-Cal: Foster.
Foster。
-Eric: Lock it. Lock her out.
关门,把她锁在外面。
[Forster went out]
-Cal: I'm sorry about that. I mean it.
我很抱歉原来是那样,真的。
Let's get the cops in now. Let's...
我们现在叫警察来吧...
I'll tell them you didn't do it.
我告诉他们不是你干的。
-Eric: No. Zancanelli is who they brought in. We both know it.
bring in: 引入,带来
不要。你我都知道,这一切都是Zancanelli引起的。
And I want five minutes alone with him.
我要5分钟的时间,单独见他。
-Cal: I can't let that happen.
我不会这样做的。
-Eric: Uhh! It's either him or you. I mean it.
啊!你死还是他死。我说真的。
-Cal: Uh, after all the... headaches you put Connie through...
headache: 头痛【 (口语)令人头痛的事(或人),麻烦事;棘手的局面】 put through: 使经受,使遭受
嗯,你给Connie...带来那么多痛苦。
[Eric lost his temper, dragged Cal to the seat and pointing his gun at Cal’s head]
-Eric: Shut up!
闭嘴!
-Cal: After all the headaches you put her through, after all the hard work she spent, 你给她带来那么多痛苦。而她为你付出那么多。
trying to make you feel like a man, there is one way you can honor her. honor: 尊敬,授予荣誉
就是为了让你感觉像个男人。你还有一个办法向她致以敬意。
-Eric: And I bet you'll tell me what it is!
你做好告诉我是什么办法!
-Cal: Live your life! Live your life.
过好你的生活! 过好你的生活。
If you take your revenge out on this guy,
revenge: 报仇,复仇,报复
如果你把火发到那人身上,
you will be the fool that she spent her entire adult life trying to convince other people that you were!
fool: 愚蠢的 convince: 说服,使...相信
那她为了证明你还是个男人所做的努力,就全被你废了!
-Eric: I have no life without her.
她死了我还有什么生活。
You ready?
受死吧。
I want Zancanelli! I know you're watching!
我要杀了Zancanelli!我知道你们正在看着!
I'll do it! I'll do it!
我要杀了他! 我要杀了他!
[The rest people was watching through the monitor]
-Loker: No, no, no, no.
不要,不要。
-Eric: I want Zancanelli!
把Zancanelli给我带来!
-Foster: He's gone from contempt to extreme anger.
contempt: 轻视,轻蔑 extreme: 极度的,极端的 anger: 生气
他的羞辱感变成极端愤怒了。
He's working his way up to shoot. We gotta give him what he wants.
work one’s way: (排除困难)奋力前进,历尽艰辛前进,挤出一条路:挤过(人丛) shoot: 射击
他会开枪的,我们要满足他的要求。
-Ben: Yeah, right... just march Zancanelli in there so this guy can shoot him. march: 前进
嗯,不错... 就把Zancanelli带来让他杀了。
Welcome to the one thing that I won't do today.
真会出主意,我不会那样做。
-Loker: I've got an idea.
我有个办法。
[In the lab, Eric was pulling Cal to open the door]
-Cal: Look. You're really gonna make this mistake?
mistake: 错误,误会
听着。你真要做这种错事?
-Eric: It's either him or you.
不杀他就杀你。
-Cal: Well, then, it should be me, right?
那就杀我吧,好吗?
-Eric: Open the door.
开门。
-Foster: Five minutes with Zancanelli... that's it.
5分钟的时间,和Zancanelli见面... 只是见面。
-Cal: Don't do this, Foster.
不要这样做,Foster。
-Foster: You're just gonna talk to him?
只能说话?
-Eric: Yeah.
行。
-Cal: He's lying, all right? You can tell he's lying, right?
他说谎,是吧? 你看得出来,是吧?
-Foster: All right, give me your word. You're not gonna hurt him.
give one’s word: 担保,保证;允诺,答应
好的,你保证不会伤害他。
-Eric: You have my word. I swear.
swear: 发誓,宣誓
我保证,我发誓。
-Cal: He's gonna kill him. He's gonna kill him.
他会杀了他的,他会杀了他的。
-Foster: I'll bring him in.
我带他进来。
-Cal: He's gonna kill him.
他会杀了他的。
-Eric: She values your life more than you do.
value: 评价,估价,重视
她比你还珍惜你的生命。
Join the club. Bring him in!
join the club: 不光是你一个人,别人也一样
你不也是吗。带他进来!
[They came in with the turn of Forster, Ben, Loker and Ria]
-Eric: And you... you get the hell outside!
你... 你到外面去!
-Ben: I'm not going anywhere. I'm here to make sure that this stays a conversation. 我哪也不去,我要在这确保你们只是谈话。
Then I want your hands up.
那举起手来。
Hands up!
举起手来!
And you... you scared yet?
你... 你现在害怕了吧?
Like Connie was?
就像Connie那样?
I want to see that look in your eye.
我要看看这个表情。
Get out of the way.
闪开。
Get away from him!
不要挡着他!
-Loker: Your wife wanted me to tell you something before she died.
你妻子临死时让我告诉你。
-Eric: You got five seconds to tell me what she said.
5秒种内告诉我她说了什么。
Tell me!
告诉我!
[In the meantime Ben shoots at him]
-Eric: Uhh! Uhh!
啊! 啊!
Uhh! Oh, god!
啊! 天呢!
All right.
好了。
[Cal gave the gun to Forster and went away]
-Ben: Hey...
嘿...
I'll call this in. Ok?
call in: 召集,叫来
我叫警察来,好吗?
I'll do the talking.
我来问话。
[Time Lapse. In a pub.]
lapse: 飞逝 pub: 酒吧,酒馆
-Woman: So, what do you do?
嗯,你做什么工作?
-Cal: All right. I'm gonna give you an honest answer.
好吧.实话跟你说。
-Woman: Heh heh heh. I'm already intrigued.
intrigue: 激起...的兴趣
嗯,嗯,我已经被你吊起胃口了。
-Cal: I try to help people...
我试图帮助人们...
Try being the operative word.
operative word: 最重要的词;最关键的词 operative: 动作的,运转的
努力是个关键的词。
I know that must sound foolish or pretentious or both, but there it is. sound: 听起来 pretentious: 自负的,自命不凡的
听起来有点愚蠢或自命不凡或两者都是,但的确如此。
-Woman: So, describe your ideal woman.
ideal: 理想的
那,描述一下你心中理想的女人。
-Cal: Well, I could describe her till the cows come home,
cow: 奶牛 till the cows come home: 无限期地[ A long time, usually defining how late someone might stay up at night or out at bars, nightclubs, discos etc. The origin of the phrase goes back to a time when people were familiar with the time cows came
home (in the very early morning... 4 - 5 a.m.) because they wanted to be milked.——from Urban Dictionary]
好吧,等黄花菜凉了再描述吧。
but the real question is whether or not I'm her ideal man.
还有个问题,我是不是她的理想男人。
-Woman: You never know till you try, right?
不试怎么知道呢,对吗?
-Cal: Yeah.
对。
-Woman: Why don't we give it a shot?
give it a shot: 试一下
我们为什么不试一下呢?
You know, with some room service... serve warm honey, right?
比如,客房服务...来点热蜂蜜,好吗?
-Cal: Hmm. I shouldn't be here.
嗯。我不应该来这。
I'm sorry.
对不起。
[Cal went to Forster’s house]
-Cal: Hey.
嘿。
-Foster: Hey.
嘿。
-Cal: Uh, Zancanelli confessed to Connie's murder, so...
confess: 承认,告白,忏悔
嗯,Zancanelli招供了罪行...
-Foster: I heard.
听说了。
-Cal: Yeah. I'm sorry I ran out like that.
嗯。对不起我那样跑出去。
-Foster: No, everybody's dealing with it in their own way.
deal with: 处理
不用,各人处理问题的方式不同。
I'm just... I'm just glad you're all right. How's your head?
我...我很高兴你没事。你的头怎么样?
-Cal: Ooh. Uh, fine.
噢,还好。
Listen, I was thinking about that whole, um... accounts thing, that whole billing thing, you know.
accounts: 会计账簿,会计报表
听着,我在想那些...账目,那些单子。
We'd be working out of a shoe box if it wasn't for you. So...
a shoe box :[Sleeping with two people in a twin bed, feet to head. Kind of like shoes in a box.——from Urban Dictionary]
如果不是你一个人的事,我们把一起那一盒子干掉...
Uh, it's all yours. And I'll respect that.
嗯,全都是你的,你辛苦了。
-Foster: No. No, no. No, you're right.
不,不,你是对的。
I mean, cheating spouse cases... I mean, we're better than that.
spouse: 配偶 case: 案件
我是说,那个夫妻隐瞒的案子。我们比他们好多了。
-Cal: All right.
好。
Well, whatever you decide, all right?
嗯。你说的都对。好吗?
-Foster: Ok.
好。
-Cal: All right, then.
好。
Listen, I was just popping by really just to see how you were doing. Um, are you... pop: 突然跳出
听着,我来这真的只是看看你怎么样。嗯,你...
-Foster: I'm OK.
我很好。
-Cal: Good. Where's Emily?
好。Emily呢?
-Cal: She's at her mum's.
在她妈妈那儿。
-Foster: Oh.
哦。
-Cal: I haven't told them about all of this yet.
我还没告诉她们这事。
Can I sleep in your spare bedroom tonight, if it's not too much of a problem? spare: 多余的,备用的
能不能在你这儿找个房间睡一晚,如果不是什么大问题的话?
-Foster: Of course.
当然可以。
-Cal: Ah, good. Hey.
那好。嘿。
-Foster: All right.
好了。
[They hugged and locked the door]