美语中的常用语
Potluck Party:一种聚餐方式,主人准备场地和餐具,参加的人必须带一道菜或准备饮料,最好事先问问主人的意思。
Pull over!把车子开到旁边。
Drop me a line!写封信给我。
Give me a ring. = Call me!来个电话吧!
For here or to go?堂食或外卖。
Cool:That's cool!等於台湾年轻人常用的囗语“酷!”,表示不赖嘛!用于人或事均可。
What's up? = What's happening? = What's new?见面时随囗问候的话“最近在忙什么?有什么新鲜事吗?”一般的回答是“Nothing much!”或“Nothing new!”
Cut it out! = Knock it out!= Stop it!少来这一套!同学之间开玩笑的话。
Don't give me a hard time!别跟我过不去好不好!
Get yourself together!振作点行不行!
Do you have "the" time?现在几点钟?可别误以为人家要约你出去。
Hang in there. = Don't give up. = Keep trying.再撑一下。
Give me a break!你饶了我吧!(开玩笑的话)
Hang on.请稍候。
Blow it. = Screw up.搞砸了。
What a big hassle.真是个麻烦事。
What a crummy day.多倒霉的一天。
Go for it.加油
You bet. = Of course.当然;看我的!
Wishful thinking.一厢情愿的想法。
Don't be so fussy!别那么挑剔好不好。
It's a long story.唉!说来话长。
How have you been? = How are you doing?你过得如何?近来可好?
Take things for granted.自以为理所当然。
Don't put on airs.别摆架子。
Give me a lift! = Give me a ride!送我一程吧!
Have a crush on someone.迷恋某人。
What's the catch?有什么内幕?
Party animal.开Party狂的人(喜欢参加舞会的人)。
Pain in the neck. =Pain in the ass.眼中钉,肉中刺。
Skeleton in the closet.家丑
Don't get on my nerve!别把我惹毛了!
A fat chance. =A poor chance.机会很小。
I am racking my brains.我正在绞尽脑。
She's a real drag.她真有点碍手碍脚。
Spacingout = daydreaming.做白日梦。
I am so fed up.我受够了!
It doesn't go with your dress.跟你的衣服不配。
What's the point? = What are you trying to say?你的重点是什么?
By all means = Definitely.一定是。
Let's get a bite. = Let's go eat.去吃点东西吧!
I'll buy you a lunch (a drink; a dinner)。 = It's on me. = My treat.我请客
Let's go Dutch.各付各的
My stomach is upset.我的胃不舒服
diarrhea [dair'i ]拉肚子
吃牛排时,waiter会问“How would you like it ?”就是问“要几分熟?”的意思,可以选择rare,medium或well-done.
I am under the weather. =I am not feeling well.我不太舒服!
May I take a rain check?可不可改到下次?(例如有人请你吃饭,你不能赴约,只好请他改到下一次。)
I am not myself today.我今天什么都不对劲!
Let's get it straight.咱们把事情弄清楚!
What's the rush!急什么!
Such a fruitcake!神经病!